Gearing up for spring? The temperature goes up, the flowers bloom, and we are finally able to let the fresh air in. After a long winter of closed windows and hibernation you may want to give your living area a little touch up. With storage packing tips Chesmont Storage is preparing you and your gear for storage before you arrive at the facility. Even if you are looking for short term storage while you clean, our space is an easy solution.
Storing like a pro for the spring is possible with our step by step storage packing tips.
- Cleanliness is not only the goal around the house but it also good for your gear. Clean clothes, shoes, appliances, etc. before storing.
- Avoid using plastic grocery bags as a means of storing, they will trap moisture in and possibly ruin what is inside.
- Grab a few labels for the breakables so everyone helping sees which boxes need a little extra care.
- While packing your moving truck think ahead. Figure out what you want most accessible in your unit, pack those boxes in the back of the truck so they are first in your unit.
- Protect any glassware with bubble wrap or newsprint. Anything to help take away shaking while in transit to the facility is best.
- Dressers can be used as storage for blankets and pillows. Only store lightweight items in the drawers, as to not add unnecessary weight.
- Shield upholstery with a thick plastic cover to avoid dirt getting in the fibers.
- Put pallets down or another cover so your belongings do not soak up moisture from the floor.
Since you are dreaming of your summer vacation, let Chesmont Storage get your gear ready for storage. Start with these tips before arriving at your storage unit to make an easy transition into spring.