Storage for your latest move can make moving out of state a little easier. With extra space from ChesMont Storage, moving to the Pottstown PA area or to another state can be stress free. Our storage units help customers find available space while they sell their homes, or while they travel for work on a temporary basis.
Our storage professionals at ChesMont Storage know come summertime, moving season is in full swing. Nice weather brings on home improvement projects, and big moves, both require extra storage space. See what other moving suggestions our experts came up with to help you move.
Moving To Do List
- Call moving companies for quote as soon as you know you are moving. If your move requires going out of state, talk with some of the national moving companies in our area.
- Come up with budget and include all your moving costs, everything from a moving company payment to the food you order for moving day.
- Selling the house? Put a few pictures, blankets, extra clothing in storage so you can show off your house to potential buyers.
- Let your doctor, employer, kid’s school, and a few other know you will have new address for them. Update your address for mailings online come closer to the day.
- On moving day keep a box of items you will need right away off to the side.
- Organize important paperwork needed like agreements and personal documents in a neat folder.
- Make a last run through the house looking for any items you forgot or touch ups needed to the walls.
- If moving out of an apartment, talk with your leasing office about the timeline. If you need to break your lease, see how much this will cost and include this in the budget.
- Statewide moves require an extra step of registration. 30 days after moving head to the DMV to update information.
- Go through your cabinets before moving and then use this checklist to get back to basics.
Start moving like a pro with help from ChesMont Storage! Rent your storage unit online and ease your mind during this transition. Moving residence is a common occurrence and storage helps the transition move smoothly.